So I have decided on the Rockrider Eight.zero. It was the Diamondback Peak HD 2010 which was on sale for £149, but I missed the sale. Was really aiming for the Rockrider 5.3 but the extra £99 for the 8.0 made more sense to me.
It has the following:
- Handlebars/ Stem/ Headset – Position: Rockrider Sport oversize 600/640mm handlebars. Rockrider oversize 6° stem. Wellgo LU-C3 pedals. Aheadset VP A71 headset. The oversize handlebars and stem provide more safety and better steering to keep you heading in the right direction at all times. The components are marked to help you find the right settings.
- Saddle/ Seatpost – Rockrider 29.8mm seatpost by JD. Rockrider saddle.
- Wheels – Rockrider Sport double wall rims by Rigida. JT 761/ JT 868 hubs. Stainless steel 2mm Mach 1 spokes. The double-wall rims ensure the strength and durability of your bike.
- Tyres – The wide CST tyres ensure good grip and efficiency.
- Pedals – Lightweight, solid aluminium pedals, with cleats for better support.
- Frame – Double-thickness 6061 T4 T6 aluminium frame. Racing, sloping geometry. 1.850kg in size L. Available in 4 sizes: a racing, responsive and lightweight frame. Oversized chain stay and seat stay for greater sturdiness and resistance.
- Suspension/Shock absorbers – XCR 100mm lockout fork. One-piece fork blades. Rigid, durable fork with preload adjustment.
- Drivetrain – Suntour XCT 302 22 x 32 x 42 aluminium chainset. Shimano Altus 8-speed shifters. Shimano C050 front derailleur. Shimano Altus rear derailleur. SRAM X5 shifters, X5 real derailleur, 9 speed cassette and 29 speeds. The shifters are more ergonomic and stand up better to impact in the event of a fall. Extremely precise, so you can always find the right gear. With 29 speeds, you will always get the right gearing, no matter what the terrain. A reliable, standard set.
- Brakes – Shimano Altus levers, Juicy 3 disc brakes. Reliability and high-performance . We have added longer brake pads for extra power. The lightest in its range.